Thursday 29 December 2016

Bedridden saints!

   ~  ~  ~  ~

    (Charles Spurgeon)

"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." Hebrews 12:11

I bear my witness that some of the best things I have ever learned from mortal lips--I have learned from bedridden saints!

There is no greater mercy that I know of on earth than good health--unless it is sickness. Sickness has often been a greater mercy to me than health!

It is often worth while being afflicted, in order to experience the great loving kindness of God which He bestows so abundantly on us in the hour of trouble and perplexity. Yes, God turns our fasts into feasts--and we are glad in the midst of our sorrow!

A whole-hearted consecration,
a child-like confidence,
a deep-toned submission--
these will make us ready for suffering, whatever it may be.

"In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials." 1 Peter 1:6
  ~  ~  ~  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment