Friday 26 June 2015

This God is mine, in all His glorious perfection!

   ~ ~ ~ ~

(Archibald Brown, "This God Is Our God!" 1896)

"The LORD's portion is His people!" Deuteronomy 32:9

"The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I hope in Him!" Lamentations 3:24

The above two passages of Scripture ought never to be separated.
God and my soul possess each other.
God finds his portion in His people--and His people find their portion in God!

This God is mine, in all His glorious perfection!
His heart is mine--for He loves me.
His ear is mine--for I may pour into it all my tales of sorrow, and all my songs of joy.
His eyes are mine--for they watch me from morning until night.
His hand is mine--for it is stretched out to uphold me.

Oh, He is a God of infinite glory! Abased in the very dust, and half bewildered by the thought, I yet dare to look up, and say, "This God is my God forever and ever! He will be my guide even unto death!" Psalm 48:14
~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment