Thursday 30 January 2014

Look Unto Me, And Be Ye Saved


From the Pastor: Dr. M. J. Seymour, Sr.
“Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth inrighteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. Surely, shall one say, in the LORDhave I righteousness and strength: evento him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.” (Is. 45:22-24)
“Look”from the language means to turn toward and face. Salvation of the condemned is dependent upon turning them from facing the way of darkness and toward being spiritually captivated by the irresistible light of the face of God. According to Jesus, Paul’s calling to the Gentiles was: “To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.” (Acts 26:18) Deliverance to the uttermost is realized in the face to face encounter with the Almighty God through the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The reason is because “I am God, and there is none else.” Also, it is because “unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.” The words “shall bow” in the text means shall be brought down to their knees. If there be only one God and that in the Day of Judgment every knee shall forced down unto Him, then He is the Sovereign Eternal God worthy of all holy reverence and faithful obedience unto His spoken words of what His righteousness is.
But, what is meant by “every tongue shall swear”? The answer is in the following verse: “in the LORDhave I righteousness.” In the Day when every knee is forced to bow every tongue will verify by an open declaration that there is no other God and that He alone is the purity of true righteousness. Equally so, everyone that burns in their anger against God will be put to shame as they are cast into eternal dark abyss exiled away from the light of the face of God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment