Monday 26 August 2013

Our weakness

  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~



(J.R. Miller, "Help for the Day")

When we are strong, or deem ourselves strong--we are really weak, since then we trust in ourselves, and do not seek Divine help. But when we are consciously weak, knowing ourselves unequal to our duties and struggles--we are strong, because then we turn to Christ and get His strength.

Too many people think that their weakness is a barrier to their usefulness, or make it an excuse for doing little with their life. Instead of this, however, if we trust Christ, He will transform our weakness into strength. He says His strength is made perfect in weakness; that is, what is lacking in human strength, He fills and makes up with Divine strength.

Paul had learned this when he said he gloried now in his weaknesses, because on account of them the strength of Christ rested upon him--so that when he was weak, then he was strong.

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

     ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  

No comments:

Post a Comment