Sunday 20 December 2009

Who Is Your God?


Jeremiah 10:10 “But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.”

When I ask who your God is, I am asking what God do you truly worship? Do you worship the true God or do you worship a fictitious (not true or genuine) god? Many people will tell me we all worship the same God however after talking to them and comparing our understanding of who God is I simply do not believe we do worship the same God. I worship Jehovah God which is truth, not simply a God of truth but is truth in nature. Jesus Christ reminded us in John 14:6 “…I am the way, the truth, and the life…” He is not “a way” He is the only way, He is not “a life” but He is life itself, and He is not “a truthful person” but rather He is truth. Jesus Christ is all three of these things by nature plus many more; it is not simply part of his nature but rather His total nature. When you speak of eternal life you speak of Him, when you speak of the way to heaven you speak only of Him, and when you speak of truth you also speak of Him. There is no lie in Him He is truth and truth by nature. We can be truthful in this life but we are not truth by nature, however that is what Jesus Christ was while on this earth He never lied. So who is your God, is He truth and only truth? Titus 1:2 "In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;” As we look into the prophecies of the Old Testament we see that they have all been fulfilled except for those still yet to be. There is not one lie in the bible, not one, it is total truth and must be because it is the breath of God.

So again I ask who is your God? Is He a living God or is He an idol or an image or maybe a figment of your imagination. My God is alive; I know this because He lives in my heart. I have a picture of Him but only in the scriptures and I can only see Him with my eye of faith, but this I will conclude; He is real and He is truth and I can believe every word He had declared to me in His word. Beloved any thing out side of this is a false idol. We have no pictures of God in any shape or form therefore any sort of worship of images or statues are false worship at the least. My God is real and He alone created the world and all that is within it, He alone sent His beloved Son to this wicked world in the form of the Son of Man in order to be a sufficient sacrifice to die for our eternal life, and it was God Who delivered my unworthy soul from eternal destruction. Is this the God you worship?

Truth, it means - a verified or indisputable fact – this is what God is and every part of His being is. Now we as sinners could never be this by nature however this is what we are to strive for as Christians. We are to be like Him and that would include being truthful and honest. If we are truthful and if we worship the same God then why do so many Christians lie to their children about a fictitious man named Santa Claus? Now I know that some Christians do not consider this to be a lie but rather a “white lie” however a lie is a lie, isn’t it? Churches have a fake Santa to visit their churches, and it is not just Santa what about the Easter Bunny he also normally makes a visit, do they not understand these two figments of imagination become for this short time a god (that is one due worship) to their children? So I ask would God that is Jehovah God approve of these two visiting churches? Are not these two false idols to our children to worship. Beloved it is wrong to lie to your children and it is also more wrong for churches to do it and Pastors to approve of it. Teach them about the birth of Jesus Christ and don’t substitute Him for an idol.

Pastor Randy Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment