Saturday 7 March 2009

I Am Bought With A Price

I Am Bought With A Price
Two natures striving within me,
Each would have the upper hand;
Each wants to rule over me,
This I must understand.

My flesh would like a life of ease,
For the things of the world it loves;
But God, my spirit wants to please,
And has set it's affections above.

Satan often comes to entice,
And my will power seems to have flown;
But I hear God's word; you are bought with a price,
And you are not your own!

Be ye holy, for I am holy,
Put on God's armour and stand,
Do all things for My glory,
These are God's solemn commands.

The example, my Saviour has set;
For when Satan tempted Him sore,
With God's word temptation was met,
'Til Satan left to tempt Him no more.

If I make this wise decision,
To read God's word and obey,
And for the flesh make no provision,
I'll grow stronger in Christ each day.

By Kathryn Parrish

No comments:

Post a Comment